Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A bad day to get help...

I recently had a terrible day... I call it my sick day.  I have been sick about... 9 days now and decided to finally visit our trusty health center.  Thinking that I was such a great person in taking care of my illness and not spreading my wonderful cough, I went during one of my classes, boy was I wrong.  I start off getting checked in and finding hand sanitizer at my every turn.  Granted I felt crappy, but I continued patiently to wait in the sitting room.  Then a very nice nurse took my stats and felt the need to talk to me about the most random of things.  I don't know why but she felt that I was making a very competent conversationalist, honestly, I only remember coughing and wiping my hand on my pants (gross).  Then I was told to wait out in the sitting area once again..... tick tock.. I waited for two and a half hours.  It seemed that every person was getting called except me.  I even went up to a receptionist and pleaded her to let me go next... oh no "two more people before you... you can leave if you want." What? After all the hours spent sitting and minutes spent coughing? No way!  After many Erins being called, I finally got to see a doctor.  This lady had me sitting in her examining room for only 5 minutes, prescribed me medicine and told me I really wasn't that sick.  Pffft! I had no fighting spirit left in me and accepted that MSU health services had a very confusing system, especially when you feel like your lungs are on the floor dragging behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment